The Somerset was inspired by the copper gas lighting displayed throughout the picturesque towns and villages of historic Somerset county in England, known as the “Jewel of the Southwest.” These towns and villages are still adorned today with copper gas lighting, and similar designs to the Somerset lantern can be seen all throughout this part of England.
Please view your available mount and accessory options below. For more information, select the How to Order Button.
- Solid 20 oz copper construction
- Riveted and soldered construction
- Solid brass hinges, door latches, and hardware
- Solid copper and brass light clusters
- Forged brass gas valves, stems, and burner tips
- Full heat-tempered glass panels
- Marine-grade aluminum accessories
- Powder-coated accessories
- CSA certified
- Multiple power sources
- Recessed doors
- Custom brass finials
Sizes & Specs
9" x 20"
12" x 26 1/2"
12" x 32"
Important Information to Read Before Installation of The CopperSmith Lanterns
- For Wall Mount gas lanterns, the gas line will come directly out of the bottom at a 90-degree angle straight into the wall.
- Pier Mount and Post Fitter lanterns will have a valve that comes straight from the bottom of the lantern into the column or post.
- Classic Yoke mount lanterns will have a gas line that runs through the lantern, clipped to the inside of the yoke, and up through the down rod.
- The gas line does not come out of the mount or back-plate. Please use 1/4″ flexible copper tubing. Always check before roughing in your gas line for installation as position changes with the type of mount.
- For electric lights and gas lanterns with electronic igniters, the wiring will come out of the back-plate indicated on the drawing.
- All electronic igniters operate on 120V.
- All-electric lanterns will have a black tube that encases the wiring from the bottom of the lantern to the mount or back-plate. This does not include any lantern with a Turtle Light Adapter.
- The mounting plate for all standard wall mount lanterns is 5”(H) x 6”(W) x 1“(D).
- Flush Mount (direct to the wall without a backplate) lanterns have one hole in the back that will be used to mount.
- Do not mount to any flammable or heat-sensitive materials.